By Clifford Agugoesi, Editor-in-Chief
The Universal Postal Union World Leaders Forum 2023 will hold on October 24-25 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands under the theme: Across borders and beyond limits: Blueprints for lasting innovation, Cyber Era NG learns.
During this special extended edition, CEOs from national postal operators, Nigeria inclusive, and the wider postal sector will come together to define and align their common business goals across four dimensions: logistics and cross-border e-commerce, diversification strategies, trust and security, and sustainability.
Experts will gather to discuss how to emulate these successful models and advance interconnection between developing and developed national postal operators and private sector players, via the UPU’s global ecosystem.
The two-day Forum will take place in the framework of a free-to-attend Parcel+Post Expo 2023, we learnt. There is provision for Registration for UPU member countries as well as for non-UPU members.
As at press time, confirmed speakers include, but are not limited to:
- CEO, Pos Malaysia, Charles Brewer
- President, Saudi Post, Anef Abanomai
- CEO, La Poste Côte d’Ivoire, Anef Abanomai
- CEO, Kazpost, Assel Zhanassova
- CEO, Ethiopian Post, Hanna Arayaselassie
- CEO, Emirates Post Group, Abdulla M Alashram
- CEO, CTT Portugal Post, João Bento
- Chair, Egypt Post, Sharif Farouk
- Postmaster General, Belize Postal Services, Marsha Price
- CEO, Escher Group, Brody Buhler
- CEO, Eurora, Anneli Aljas
- EVP Group Strategy, Digital and Innovation, Austria Post, Andreas Thöni
- Deputy CEO, Saudi Post, and acting CEO, Naqel, Fadi Albuhairan
- SVP Sustainability, Posten Norge, Colin Campbell
- Head of International Cooperation, Egypt Post, and Chair, Postal Union for the Mediterranean (PUMed) Nermin Hassan
- Deputy Director for International Affairs and Sustainability, Correos Spain, and Board Chair, PostEurop, Elena Fernández-Rodríguez,
- Chief Strategy Officer and General Manager of Europe and SEA regions, Cainiao Network (Alibaba) William Xiong,
Opening and closing remarks are expected from UPU Director- General, Masahiko Metoki, and UPU Deputy Director-General Marjan Osvald, respectively.
Registration information on the forum could be accessed at firstname.lastname@example.org. and/or website: https://www.upu.int.