The Annual Brussels TMT Event Baits More Quality Speakers
By Clifford Agugoesi, Editor-in-Chief
The imminent annual Brussels Telecommunications & Media Forum is increasing attracting a
lot of attention from members of event organizers-the International Institute of
Communications(IIC) and events stakeholders. This is according to a heads-up availed us by
the Director-General of IIC, Lynn Robinson.
As at press time, Cyber Era NG gathered that the Deputy Director-General (DG) CNECT,
European Commission, Renate Nikolay will be joining as keynote speaker on March 23 when
she will be sharing her thoughts on regulating the information and communication (ICT) space.
We understand that the Keynote gels perfectly with the panels session that day which will focus
on the European Media Freedom Act (EMFA), the Data Act, and the implementation of online
“We are also looking forward to welcoming the 2023 BEREC Chair Prof. Konstantinos Masselos,
President of the Hellenic Telecommunications & Post Commission (EETT), which recently joined
the IIC. He will be leading our opening session on March 22 when the theme is delivering
Europe’s Digital Decade – closing the funding gap. Also on the agenda that day are discussions
on sustainability and the drive for net zero, the future of enterprise connectivity, and a progress
report on DMA implementation,” stated Robinson.
Latest events confirmed speakers list:
- Vice President, Global Head of Government Affairs International, Nokia, Marc Vancoppenolle
- Director, Media Authority of North Rhine-Westphalia; Tobias Schmid
- Commissioner for European Affairs of the German Media Authorities, Prof. Madeleine de
- Cock Buning , Vice President Public Policy EMEA, Netflix, Daniel Mes,
- Cabinet Member, Executive Vice-President, European Commission, Frans Timmermans
- Registration are ongoing and the event is free for members to attend.