A discussion between business leaders from across Africa who will connect virtually to unpack manifold questions impinging on business during the time of a pandemic and shared values they could enthrone to prepare their businesses for the future, as well as what purpose-led leadership means during a time of crisis, will hold 2 – 5 June 2020.
A highlight of the 2020 Africa Shared Value Leadership eSummit, the webinar is convened by Shift Impact Africa and Shared Value Africa Initiative.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how the world does business. Companies across Africa have initiated emergency relief efforts that span sectors and borders. What are the biggest challenges businesses have faced during this period? What Shared Value practices could business put in place to better prepare for future crises? Where are the opportunities to fuel Africa’s economic revival?
The speakers will discuss:
- Insights about the challenges and learnings gained during the COVID-19 period.
- Views on what purpose-led leadership means during this time of crisis.
- Thoughts on what a possible economic recovery can look like.
- Ideas on what business as a collective can put in place to prepare for the “new normal”.
- Views on what practices can be put in place to better prepare business for future turbulence.
The speakers line up include:
- CEO, Old Mutual Group, Iain Williamson
- CEO, Rwanda Development Board (RDB), Clare Akamanzi
- CEO, Rwanda Private Sector Federation (PSF) Stephen Ruzibiza
- CEO, Safaricom, Stephen Ruzibiza
- CEO, Global End Fund, Ellen Agler
- CEO, Discovery Life, Hylton Kallner
- Minister Jeff Radebe
- CEO, Tony Elumelu Foundation, Ifeyinwa Ugochukwu
- CEO BOC Gases, Marion Gathoga
- Those interested in the summit should go to the eSummit registration page at https://evolve.eventoptions.co.za/register/asvs20.