…As Online Registration Is Underway
By Cyber Era Staff
International, local communications and technology giants, regulators, ICT industry associations and groups, state governments and agencies including but not limited to: Facebook, Airtel, Huawei, VDT Communications, MainOne, 21st Century Technologies Limited, PPC, NCC, NITDA, Pan African Towers, NiRA, Broadbased Communications, the Government of Plateau State, have communicated their willingness to sponsor the National Dialogue on Telecoms and ICT Sector in Nigeria with the theme – Harnessing the Digital Resources for the building of our National Economy slated for Thursday, March 26, 2020 at NAF Conference Centre and Suites, Abuja, north central, Nigeria.
The event is organized by the Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria(ATCON) under the watch of its national President, Olusola Teniola.
ATCON communication seen by Cyber Era and authored by the Executive Secretary at ATCON, Ajibola Olude , provided the heads-up on the sponsors’ list while informing registration for the event was underway.
According to Olude, Minister, Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami is expected to deliver a Keynote Address on the under-listed topics which would be the focus of the panel discussions at the dialogue:
- Digital Economy in Nigeria: Challenges and Opportunities
- Private Public Partnership and Development of Mechanism for the seamless Management of Inter-Ministries and Agencies: an imperative for Broadband Infrastructure Development in Nigeria
- National Funding and Investment Strategy for Broadband Infrastructure and Digital Economy: The Importance of Education and Awareness
- Regulation on Emerging Technologies (AI, IoT, Robotics, Blockchain, etc): Leveraging on Nigerian Young Population’s Innovation and Creativity for National Development
Strategic Objectives of the conference include:
- To channel collaborative efforts toward Nigerian Digital Economy with the sole aim of accelerating our economy’s performance in relation to other leading African countries
- To serve as a forum to discuss the recently launched documents on Digital Economy and take stakeholders input for implementation.
- To optimally X-ray the factors that have worked for and against the telecom and ICT sector in Nigeria.
- To discuss regulations and policies around AI, IoT and Blockchain
Stated Olude: “The growth across all the sectors of Nigeria’s economy is expected to be exponential as a result of the resolve by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy to drive the entire economy through digital resources.
This strategic dialogue plans to bring together the Presidency, National Assembly, relevant Federal Ministries, State Governors, ICT State Commissioners, Telecom and ICT Operating Companies, World Bank and other international relevant agencies.
One of the overriding deliverables of this national dialogue on telecoms and ICT sector is that the adoption of digital resources by all aforementioned sectors would lead to development which would eventually make Nigeria to join the league of the top 20 global economies.”